These Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge Entry Rules (hereinafter referred to as "these Entry Rules") set forth the qualifications and conditions for entering web systems, applications, IoT gadgets (not limited to but including those similar to these), and documents (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Work") to the Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge (hereinafter referred to as "this Challenge") held by the Association for Open Data of Public Transportation (hereinafter referred to as "Association") and others.
To enter this Challenge, please produce your Work using or referring to the public transportation data provided by the Public Transportation Open Data Center operated by the Association (such center shall be hereinafter referred to as "Center," and such data as "these Data," as defined in paragraph 9, Article 1 of the Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge API Use Permission Rules established separately) based on an agreement to the Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge API Use Permission Rules which the Center operated by Association separately determines.
- Entrants in this Challenge must agree to both of these Entry Rules and the Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge API Use Permission Rules. Such entrants shall be hereinafter referred to as "Developers".
- Any party including individuals, groups and corporations.
- There is no restriction on nationality, age, resident area, etc.
- A single Developer, including a group or corporation, may enter more than one Work. Developers may also belong to more than one group.
- No entry will be accepted by an organized crime group as defined in item 2, Article 2 of the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991), a member of an organized crime group as defined in item 6 of the same Act, a quasi-member of an organized crime group, a company associated with an organized crime group, a corporate racketeer, etc., a person engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of a social activist, etc., or a violent group specialized in intellectual crime, or any other group or individual who seeks economic profit by making full use of violence, force, or fraudulent methods, or any person equivalent thereto (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Antisocial Forces"), or a Developer who is judged by the host to be having some interaction or involved with Antisocial Forces in such manner as cooperating in or are involved with the maintenance, operation, or management of Antisocial Forces by offering funds, etc. In addition, no entry by a Developer who is judged by the host to be having some interaction or involved with Antisocial Forces in such manner will be cancelled, even after being once accepted.
- Developers will produce their Works based on the acceptance of these Entry Rules and the Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge API Use Permission Rules.
- Developers will produce their Works that use these Data; provided, however, that if the Work is other than a web system, application, or IoT gadget, it will be produced on the theme related to these Data.
- If the Work is a web system or application, it shall be made available to anybody without charge during the period when the Challenge is open.
- These Data will be used in accordance with the Tokyo Public Transportation Open Data Challenge API Use Permission Rules and the guidelines for this Challenge.
- The Works developed for this Challenge must not be entered to other contests unless entering the particular contest is permitted by the Association. For permitted contest see the following URL: https://tokyochallenge.odpt.org/#event
- The Works to be entered to this Challenge must be devised and produced by Developers.
- Developers hereby warrant to the host and co-hosts of this Challenge, other groups to provide cooperation, special cooperation, or support for this Challenge, and open data partners (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Implementation Subject") that the copyrights on their Works have been properly handled in advance so that no problem will arise in the entry to this Challenge.
- The Works may be produced by combining these Data and such other data as may cause no copyright problem.
- Developers hereby agree that they will bear the costs pertaining to the entry to this Challenge such as the costs for building the development and execution environments for Works and Internet communication fees and connection costs.
- The prizewinners in this Challenge will attend the awards ceremony and give presentations of their Works, in principle.
- The prize money in this Challenge to an individual will be paid by transferring to the designated bank account in the name of the winner, that to a group will be to the designated account in the name of the representative, and that to a corporation will be to the designated bank account in the name of the corporation.
- Web system or application Works will be entered by first registering the Developers' information in the designated website and then releasing the Works in Google Play, App Store, Windows Store, or any other website. Works other than web systems or applications may be entered by submitting a completed entry form provided in the web page designated by the Association, emailing to the designated email address, or sending or bringing to the designated postal address.
- Developers hereby agree to be disqualified from entering this Challenge if their Works arrive at the address designated by the Association after the deadline.
- Any iOS application Works will be deemed to have been entered to this Challenge as of the date of examination registration with Apple Inc.; (however, that if the Work is not registered with App Store as a result of the examination by Apple Inc., the Work will be disqualified from judgment in this Challenge.)
- The applications entered to this Challenge will not be officially approved, released, or distributed, etc. as official applications or official services of the Implementation Subject.
- Should any problem occur in relation to copyrights, moral rights, neighboring rights, design rights, trademark rights, utility model rights, patent rights or any other rights (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Intellectual Property Rights"), it will be settled upon the responsibility and at the cost of the relevant Developer. If the Implementation Subject or a third party other than the Implementation Subject incurs any damage for a reason attributable to a Developer, such Developer will be liable for the damage.
- The Implementation Subject will neither warrant in any respect the accuracy, completeness, or fitness for particular purposes of the contents of these Data prepared by the Implementation Subject for this Challenge, nor be liable in any manner for the damage caused by the use of, or a failure to use, the relevant Data by Developers.
- Developers hereby agree in advance that the provision of these Data prepared for this Challenge may be ceased or the contents of these Data may be changed for a reason of the Implementation Subject.
- Developers hereby agree that these Data prepared by the Implementation Subject for this Challenge will be planned to be provided only until the end of this Challenge.
- Any Work judged by the host that is or may be offensive to public order and morals or against the purpose of this Challenge will be disqualified from judgment in this Challenge.
- The Intellectual Property Rights to the Works will be held by the Developers.
- Developers will permit the Implementation Subject or a person designated by the Implementation Subject to disclose, duplicate, distribute, publicly transmit, publish, or otherwise use their Works, the names thereof, and the Developers’ names by electronic or any other means for the purpose of announcement, advertisement, or publicity of, or record for this Challenge without charge and for an indefinite period of time.
- Developers may report the entries of their Works to this Challenge in their own websites or social networking sites, etc.; provided, however, that it will not be allowed to make a false indication or statement there as if their Works were developed, etc. by the Implementation Subject.
- Developers entering web system or application Works will state in accordance with the guidelines prepared separately by the Implementation Subject their contact information to be used in inquiries regarding the contents or operation of such Works. Developers will thereby make their best efforts so that inquiries regarding the contents or operation of the Works produced by them will not be sent directly to the open data partners.
- Developers must not use these Data prepared by the Implementation Subject for this Challenge for any purpose other than the development and writing of their Works to be entered to this Challenge and the use of these Data in such Works. Developers hereby agree in advance that, should it be found that they have used these Data prepared by the Implementation Subject for this Challenge for any purpose other than the above, the host will cease providing the relevant Data to such Developer(s) and may take legal actions thereagainst.
- If any Work causes disadvantage or a bad reputation to the Implementation Subject, the host will cease providing information to the Developer of such Work immediately, and the relevant Developer will be disqualified from entering this Challenge.
- Developers may not provide a third party with or without charge, these Data prepared by the Implementation Subject for this Challenge. An app that uses these Data must make functions that can be used without charge available to anybody during the contest period. Developers hereby agree in advance that, should any such act thereby be found, the host will cease providing the relevant Data to such Developer(s) and may take legal actions thereagainst.
- Any Developer who made a misstatement in the entry will be disqualified from winning a prize.
- If we fail to notify the Developer of his or her prizewinning because of a failure to contact him or her or for any similar reason, the entitlement of such Developer to the prize may be cancelled.
- The information stated at the time of entry such as the name and contact information will be used exclusively for notification of prizewinning and contact in relation to the Works, and at the time of announcing the prize-winning Works; provided, however, that this will not apply in cases of using the same in the future within or outside Japan in a paper or electronic medium for the publicity, advertisement, or announcement of the Works, the name thereof, or Developers’ names.
- Inquiries regarding the selection process in this Challenge will not be answered.
- This Challenge may be cancelled without notice due to various reasons. In case of cancellation, the Implementation Subject shall not compensate for any cost spent by Developers to enter this Challenge before such Developers know the cancellation of this Challenge.
Revision created on November 18, 2019, effective the same date.
Revision created on December 7, 2018, effective the same date.
Established December 7, 2017, effective the same date